JK Estate Agents ltd is committed to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected. JK estate agents are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which applies across the European Union.
JK Estate Agents ltd is a company registered in England, Company registration number 04413806,
This Privacy Notice explains:
- Types of personal information we may collect
- How we collect, use and disclose your personal data
- Transfer of personal data
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- Complaints and how to contact us
Types of personal information we may collect
At JK Estate agents ltd we collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal data depending on who you are. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
JK Estate Agents ltd may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- Your contact details including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Your identity information including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title and date of birth.
- Your financial information, bank account and payment details.
- Your gender information, if you choose to give this to us
- Your contact history, transaction and instruction history with us
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification, and immigration information, e.g. if you are a potential tenant applying for a tenancy.
- Information about how you use our website, IT, communication and other systems.
How we collect, use and disclose your personal data
We collect most of this personal information directly from you — in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website.
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
JK Estate Agents ltd may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
- We may use your name, address and contact details for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and JK Estate Agents ltd, such as providing you with products and services you have requested, visiting and arranging viewings of your property. Our legal basis for this use is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests and arranging visits to your property by our staff. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in the course of JK Estate Agents ltd in response to customer enquiries or requests.
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information regarding similar services to those you have already enquired about. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the ongoing marketing of our services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our services and/or who have expressed an interest in those services;
- Where you are a party to an existing contract with us or regularly enter into contracts with us for our services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of our services. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the administration and management of our business contracts and relationships.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, telephone calls, SMS or post) about our services, including exclusive offers (mainly for free market appraisals of your property), or highlighting of current market trends and properties on the market that may be of interest to you.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without first obtaining your prior consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. If you do withdraw your consent, this will result in us ceasing to market goods and services to you.
We may access and/or disclose your Data if required to do so by law or in good faith and belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform with the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights or property including, without limitation the security and integrity of our network and systems; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our services or members of the public.
Transfer of personal data
We JK Estate Agents ltd do not transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the United Kingdom.
We take the security of information very seriously and have measures in place which are designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please contact us if you require further information regarding our policy and approach to information security.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For your personal information to be deleted.
- The withdrawal of your consent to use your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email, call or write to us.
Cookies are small pieces of information downloaded to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow that website to recognize you when you visit.
Cookies are used to help users navigate websites more efficiently and to perform certain functions, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date, as we reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time if our policies change or the law changes.
Complaints and how to contact us
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us. If we cannot resolve any issue, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Our contact details are shown below:
JK Estate Agents ltd
107 Westbourne Park Road
London, W2 5QL